Re: Towards a cleaner build: cedet

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Towards a cleaner build: cedet
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 03:38:49 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:

> 22% of the remaining byte-compilation warnings (if we ignore CEDET; I
> swoon every time I have a peek at it) are from calendar:

But if we don't ignore cedet...  what's up with all those warnings
anyway?

To take one of the 150 or so examples:

cedet/ede/config.el:388:5:Warning: Unknown slot `:c-preprocessor-table'

That's from:

    (setq filemap (append filemap (oref config :c-preprocessor-table)))

which results in this compiler macro from eieio-oref:

              (pcase slot
                ((and (or `',name (and name (pred keywordp)))
                      (guard (not (memq name eieio--known-slot-names))))
                 (macroexp--warn-and-return
                  (format-message "Unknown slot `%S'" name) exp 'compile-only))

So...  It's saying that the slot name is not in that internal variable?
But it's populated by that defclass earlier in the file?

Yes:

eieio--known-slot-names =>
(c-preprocessor-files c-preprocessor-table c-include-path tag-info length
location summary message position buffer column line file search-function
create-function data port user host source type)

Oh!  Those are without colons?  Is that the entire issue here, that the
check is strict about colons/not colons and the rest of cedet doesn't
care?

(I've never used any part of cedet.)