Re: Towards a cleaner build: cedet

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Towards a cleaner build: cedet
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 14:27:33 +0200

OK, I've now sort-of tested cedet with this:

(defun lars-cedet ()
  (setq semantic-default-submodes
        '(global-semantic-highlight-func-mode
          global-semantic-decoration-mode
          global-semantic-stickyfunc-mode
          global-semantic-idle-completions-mode
          global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode
          global-semanticdb-minor-mode
          global-semantic-idle-summary-mode
          global-semantic-mru-bookmark-mode
          global-cedet-m3-minor-mode
          global-semantic-idle-local-symbol-highlight-mode
          global-semantic-highlight-edits-mode
          global-semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode
          global-semantic-show-parser-state-mode))
  (semantic-mode 1))

I opened a .c file and saw that cedet did a lot of stuff, and then I
changed all the coloned oref/osets, built again, and checked again, and
things looked the same to me.

That's a kind of weak test, but at least it didn't blow up completely,
so at least I verified that...

I'll push the mega-patch.