Re: send new reply from gnus hangs

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: send new reply from gnus hangs
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 15:42:44 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Okay, that worked!
>
> What does everyone think of the attached diff? It moves the
> `message-check' call out of the internal function (that seems like work
> that should be done by the caller, not the internal function, and helps
> the call fit in visually), and either returns nil or errors depending on
> an optional arg.

I have no time now to review the code (and I'm not familiar with Gnus'
code base) but I was going to propose reverting the problematic commit.
If your patch solves the problem, great. If there are doubts, the right
thing is reverting.

There is no justification for having master in an unusable state (if you
are a Gnus user) for more than a week due to a cosmetic change like
this.