Re: `process-send-*` performance seems ... bad?

From: Daniel Pittman
Subject: Re: `process-send-*` performance seems ... bad?
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 15:35:45 -0400

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 2:15 PM Noam Postavsky <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 at 14:03, Daniel Pittman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ah, no, that is running locally – the call to make-process is not using file handlers

Oh right, make-process in master has support for file-handlers, but I
forgot that it's only if given an explicit :file-handlers t.

Absolutely legitimate thing to question, and I'm glad you did.  It was good to eliminate it as a possible cause of problems in my testing.

I'm working on the profiling that Eli requested, which is very reasonable, and on ensuring the test code is simpler and more hermetic.   It'll take a bit of time to get that done, and early results suggest that it'll probably require getting out the C-level profiler to get useful information, so that'll be on the list.

Please forgive delays in getting that through.