Re: Towards a cleaner build: done!

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Towards a cleaner build: done!
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 14:24:17 +0200

There's now just one Warning: line left (which is being pondered upon),
and some returning warnings from eieio about obsolete functions which
are, er, complicated to fix properly, but I think we're basically done
here.  :-)  Thanks for all the help with the myriad of questions from me
over the last week or so.

I think it now would be nice to have the option to have the equivalent
of -Werr for the list code: Stop compilation if we get a warning.

Frequently when I'm working on a set of files, I'll run "make" in the
Lisp directory to see whether any compilation problems have popped up.
I'll fix a problem, hit `g' in the compilation buffer and see that it
disappears...  but then if there were more files with problems, that's
gone from the window, because Emacs won't recompile those.

Which leads to a lot of wasted time while I try to remember what files
those might have been, so I normally just run a rm `find . -name
'*.elc'` instead, because that's faster than trying to remember, even if
it takes several minutes to then compile again.

So: An "ERROR_ON_WARNING=1 make" flag or something?  Or do we already
have that somewhere?