Re: master 7555f93: Remove src/macuvs.h from Git repository

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: master 7555f93: Remove src/macuvs.h from Git repository
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 13:08:25 +0900

It was 10 years ago when I originally added macuvs.h to the Mac port.
At that time, the subtable for Unicode Variation Sequences (UVSes) in
the cmap table was not so common, so I provided macuvs.h as a fallback
for Adobe Japan1 CID-Keyed fonts.

But nowadays the subtable for UVSes is fairly common (IIRC, even
Hiragino fonts bundled in OS X Lion 10.7 contained UVS).  Moreover,
macuvs.h is only meaningful for very limited use cases.  If
maintaining it is a burden on development, the functionality it
provides can be removed at some major version update.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden