Re: persist -- new package for ELPA

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: persist -- new package for ELPA
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 16:40:16 +0100

Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2019-06-28, at 10:13, Phillip Lord <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I've written a little package that I thought might be good for ELPA.
>> It allows variables to persist across sessions; it designed for
>> developers of packages rather than users.
>>
>> Comments welcome.
>>
>> https://gitlab.com/phillord/persist
>
> BTW, this: http://mbork.pl/2018-09-10_Persisting_Emacs_variables

Yeah, saw this when I was looking for a pre-existing solution. I thought
it would make more sense to write it up as package. Also, I am a little
unsure using user-init-file makes sense, since this was not meant to be
user facing.

Your post did convince me that I was going to have to write something
though!

Phil