RE: Using incremental parsing in Emacs

From: arthur miller
Subject: RE: Using incremental parsing in Emacs
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 22:21:16 +0000

When it comes to tree-sitter which you linked to, I didn't understand from their website how they deal with compile time dependencies and various configuration options that are usually passed via configure & co.

Various lsp implementations like ycmd and lsp-mode can use "compile database" produced by tools like bear, compiledb and similar. As I see on teee-sitter they only speak about language grammars. I have though only read their website tonight after you posted your mail.

Can they understand library dependencies, compile flags and so on?

Another thing is, about "speed-wise", if Enacs core implemented support for creating language servers, or plugging in them, as well as clients, then maybe it would be possible to use share memory for passing round those big json files that lsp-mode like to play with. That might also let Emacs reuse existing tools like lsp-mode. I think they are using sockets now, I am not sure though.

Skickat från min Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.