Re: best way to add TODO items in the code ?

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: best way to add TODO items in the code ?
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 23:05:57 +0900

> On Jan 4, 2020, at 21:07, Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> On 2020-01-03, at 15:49, Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I checked the package manager and found:
>> comment-tags
>> fic-mode
>> fixmee
>> that seem to do what I want. I'm going to test them now.
>
> Please report back when you know something about them.

I was not able to have comment-tags run.
fic-mode and fixmee rely on regexp to find relevant "tags" (TODO/BUG, etc.)

Both highlight the tags (red bold) in the file where the mode is enabled.

fixmee also creates a buffer where all the lines with scanned tags are grouped
and each line has a link to the file/line where the tag was found. It also
seems to have a number of other useful functions (navigation, etc.) Priority
level of the "fix" is based on the number of "e" after "fixme", like "fixmeeee"
is a high priority issue.

I think I'll keep this one.

Jean-Christophe Helary