Re: Backtrace printing in batch mode ignores all customizations

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Backtrace printing in batch mode ignores all customizations
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2020 17:44:36 -0500

> +    ;; We're in the initial-frame (where `message' just outputs to stdout) so
> +    ;; there's no tty or GUI frame to display the backtrace and interact with
> +    ;; it: just dump a backtrace to stdout.
> +    ;; This happens for example while handling an error in code from
> +    ;; early-init.el with --debug-init.
> +    (message "Error: %S" args)
> [...]
>
> The condition seems to always be true when `noninteractive' is t.

The `noninteractive` case is indeed not the one for which this code
was added.  I guess we can conditionalize it on `noninteractive`, but it
would be worthwhile looking at the code which causes the
`noninteractive` case (without the above "failsafe") to dump
a stacktrace on stderr, to see if the two could be unified?

        Stefan