Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 10:44:44 +0100

>> I'm confused now.  Does (2) really work in the sense that you can resize
>> the frame by dragging its internal border?
>
> Ah! No, sorry.
>
> I can drag it around no problem. As for resizing, it doesn't work. The cursor
shows the appropriate shapes when near the window borders, but dragging it by the
border can only move it (i.e. dragging the top or left border moves the child
frame, but does not resize it).

> Dragging it by the border is not as snappy as dragging it by the mode-line,
BTW.

Dragging the frame by dragging the border shouldn't have happened in the
first place.  Please try again with:

(custom-set-faces
 '(internal-border ((t (:background "red")))))

(defun open-test (buffer)
  (display-buffer-in-child-frame
   buffer '((child-frame-parameters
             . ((width . 40)
                (height . 10)
                (top . 50)
                (left . 50)
        (minibuffer . nil)
        (border-width . 0)
        (internal-border-width . 10)
        (drag-internal-border . t)
        (drag-with-mode-line . t)
                )))))

(setq-local test-buffer (get-buffer-create "*test child-frame*"))
(setq-local test-frame (window-frame (open-test test-buffer)))

martin