Re: Extend gdb to filter registers

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: Re: Extend gdb to filter registers
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 08:32:16 -0500

> I cannot reproduce this even if I maximize my Emacs frame before
> invoking "M-x gdb".  I always get the source in the same window.  I
> used your example.  My screen is 1920x1080 pixels, if that's
> important.
>
> So I wonder what other factors could be at work here.

Since the buffer is displayed by display-buffer, any factor that affects
display-buffer would affect this. I have a lower split-width-threshold, that
makes it easier to split a new window. You can try to delete the I/O window in
the default 6-window gdb layout. So source buffer has room to split to right. I
just tried and this works on emacs -q.

Yuan