Re: Font problem on git master

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Font problem on git master
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 14:52:34 +0100

    İsmail> Hi,
    İsmail> On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 1:38 PM Robert Pluim <address@hidden> wrote:
    >> And visually this looks like itʼs a bitmap font, even though you're
    >> using the FreeType backend?

    İsmail> Indeed.

Curious

    >> With no config file, why is Emacs deciding to use the 'x' font
    >> backend? Do you have a .Xresources file or similar?

    İsmail> I do have .Xdefaults but nothing emacs related there, I'm attaching
it
    İsmail> for reference.

    İsmail> Then it says "Font 'Consolas' is not defined"

    >> With no config file, rather than '-Q', right?

    İsmail> No, that's with my normal emacs configuration.

Even curiouser.

Iʼve just built emacs-master on Tumbleweed, and it can display
Consolas just fine, and has no problem with your .emacs. Could you
show us the value of 'system-configuration-features' in your Emacs? I
get:

    system-configuration-features is a variable defined in ‘C source code’.
    Its value is
    "XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
    INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT
    LIBOTF ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS
    LIBSYSTEMD PDUMPER GMP"

If all else fails, can you run 'strace emacs' with your normal config
to see if itʼs loading some site-specific configuration files? Those
might be messing with the font setup.

Robert