About the gnus version in the git version of emacs.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: About the gnus version in the git version of emacs.
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 09:16:47 +0800

Hi,

I learned from here:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnus-english/2016-09/msg00018.html

It said that:

  Yes, something has changed.  Gnus is now developed only as part of
  emacs, and there's no separate Gnus repository anymore.

On the other hand, I also noticed that on the following website:

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusTutorial#toc2

It told me the following things:

Ensuring Gnus is up-to-date

          Gnus is bundled with recent versions of Emacs.
          Open it with M-x gnus    RET.
          Within Gnus, type ā€˜Vā€™ and look at the minibuffer.
          It should say something like `Gnus v5.14ā€™. If Gnus reports that
          it is older than 5.13, please consider upgrading to a more
recent version.

It mentioned the the `Gnus v5.14ā€™, but I use the latest git version of
emacs compiled by me on Ubuntu 19.10, and I find that the bundled gnus
version is only 5.13.

Any hints for this?

Regards
--
Hongsheng Zhao <address@hidden>
Institute of Semiconductors, Chinese Academy of Sciences