Re: Extend gdb to filter registers

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Extend gdb to filter registers
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 19:12:33 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 23:18:27 -0500
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>  address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
>   > That said I think that the current windowing model
>   > has a surprising semantic for dedicated, namely that
>   > a dedicated window is allowed to be split.
>
> That does surprise me -- but with so many possible cases, can we be sure
> that it isn't sometime desirable to split those windows?

FWIW, it doesn't surprise me: splitting a window still leaves the
buffer displayed in one of the two windows, so the contract promised
by "dedicated" still holds.  We just made another window where there
was none before, that's all.

So yes, I think the ability to split such windows can be desirable 9in
some use cases.