Re: cairo now default?

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: cairo now default?
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 09:30:47 +0100

    Yuri> On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 at 00:32, Yuri Khan <address@hidden> wrote:
    >> Also, I have just built Emacs 28.0.50 from Git master, with Cairo and
    >> Harfbuzz, and on my system and my configuration it renders slightly
    >> hinted just fine.

    Yuri> And same with Cairo but no Harfbuzz. I am on Ubuntu 19.10 and using
    Yuri> parts of Xfce to provide XSETTINGS to applications.

Looking through the Emacs code, it does look at eg Xft/Hintstyle,
whether Cairo or libXft is in use, but then only applies those
settings when using Xft, so I suspect Cairo is doing the appropriate
setting of Hintstyle for us (but that probably means we'll ignore XSETTINGS).

Yamamoto-san, in 0701634aa7 you undid your original changes to have
the XSETTINGS apply when using Cairo. Is there a way to restore those?

Robert