Re: On elisp running native

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: On elisp running native
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2020 15:03:10 +0000

Andrea Corallo <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael Albinus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Andrea Corallo <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> Hi Andrea,
>>
>>> What about adding also -j2 in the make?  Testing the parallel build is
>>> good plus I suspect giving a little more steam to the process would
>>> help.
>>
>> This I let to you :-)
>
> Ahah thanks :)
>
> Pushed now, let's see how it goes.
>
> Regards
>
>   Andrea

Okay with speed 2 -j2 we've run out of memory on the VM in the middle of
the compilation.

As a B plan I've set default for this speed 0 and... first native
bootstrap on the emba machine :)

https://emba.gnu.org/emacs/emacs/-/jobs/5211

It took 100min, I'm not sure what's the equivalent for a normal build on
that machine.

Andrea

PS I guess resources are quite limited, the equivalent job is on my
dektop ~6min and on my laptop ~20.

--
address@hidden