Re: Word wrap for non-whitespace-seperated language

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: Re: Word wrap for non-whitespace-seperated language
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2020 11:04:36 -0400

> I’ve got something mostly working, it provides on-the-fly word
>> wrapping that supports variable pitch fonts and CJK
>> characters. With minor changes it can be also used for filling but
>> I don’t see the point for hard filling variable-pitch font text:
>> they display differently in different fonts.
>
> Without truly filling the lines, do the commands C-a, C-n, etc work properly?

It depends on the commands: C-n/p works fine (given line-move-visual is t), but
C-a/e moves to the end of buffer line, which is the beginning/end of the
paragraph in a users eyes: same as what you get by default when Emacs wraps
long lines.

Maybe I should call it “flywrap”, as it merely wraps lines visually (by
overlay) rather than editing the buffer content. (It doesn’t justify either, as
Eli pointed out.)

Yuan