Re: On elisp running native

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: On elisp running native
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2020 20:55:56 +0000

> Andrea Corallo <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi Andrea,

Hi,

>> Okay with speed 2 -j2 we've run out of memory on the VM in the middle of
>> the compilation.
>
> Hmm. Maybe we shall run this only when no other job runs in parallel?
> Resource groups <https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ci/yaml/#resource_group>
> seem to do this.

I think this would fix the memory issue but can we afford to keep the CI
exclusively busy for so long?  I fear speed 2 would take something close
to one day in this setup.

I propose to keep speed 0 there, is also useful because I always
bootstrap but only speed 2.  We could revisit the setup when we have a
more affordable compile time for bootstrapping speed 2 also on small
machines.  What do you think?

Regards

  Andrea

PS I think ideally we should check all speed from 0 too 2 when/if will
be possible.

--
address@hidden