Re: On elisp running native

From: Gong-Yi Liao 廖宮毅
Subject: Re: On elisp running native
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 14:00:04 -0500

I have built from the current (2020-3-15 13:55 CDT) native-comp branch
with the following setting:

1. install prefix:  /home/gong-yi/.local/emacs/native-comp
2.. built with gcc 8.3 on Debian buster 10
3. The git clone to /home/gong-yi/Downloads/emacs/master

And I just noticed that the resulted built seems not build-location-independent:

gong-yi@buster1:~/Downloads/emacs$ mv master temp
gong-yi@buster1:~/Downloads/emacs$ cd
gong-yi@buster1:~$ cd .local/emacs/native-comp/bin/
gong-yi@buster1:~/.local/emacs/native-comp/bin$ ./emacs
emacs:
/home/gong-yi/Downloads/emacs/master/lisp/eln-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4f8c8dbc445c9e9e/custom.eln:

It suggests eln files' location/path are locked regardless where the
installation path is.

Any solution?
Thanks,
Gong-Yi.