Re: Is it possible to change the recv buffer size dynamically for networ

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Is it possible to change the recv buffer size dynamically for network process or subprocess?
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 10:19:25 -0400

> If too many data arrives, emacs may be unresponsive. I want to block the
> data sender(subprocess) sometimes to keep good responsiveness.

So you want a mechanism to control when the process-filter is run,
basically (since AFAIK the moment when we consume (at the C/OS level)
our input is the same as the moment we run the process filter).

Usually this is done implicitly as a side-effect of Emacs being busy,
but IIUC you want to temporarily suspend processing your process's input
even tho Emacs is not busy?

Can you give a concrete scenario you have seen, so we can better
understand what could be done?

        Stefan