Re: complexity in minibuffer

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: complexity in minibuffer
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 18:29:45 +0300

On 02.06.2021 18:20, João Távora wrote:
By that time, you have already traversed the completion list many times.
What's the problem with having the completions themselves contain
all that's needed to render them?

In any of those "many times", did you already know which completions will be displayed, and which will not?

Some transformations will be more costly than others (even if the current examples are pretty fast), so we shouldn't call them unless we know a given completion will be displayed.