Re: Cleaning up rcirc

From: Bone Baboon
Subject: Re: Cleaning up rcirc
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2021 13:53:32 -0400

Philip Kaludercic writes:

> I attach a series of patches suggesting a few improvements and things
> that can be cleaned up. The background is that I am planning to
> implement support for IRCv3, and these are issues I noticed while
> reading through the code.

I was happily using rcirc then I ran into a SASL authentication error. I
ended up switching from rcirc to Circe. I could help with testing
rcirc's SASL authentication if someone works on it.

This is a thread I started about rcirc and do SASL authentication.
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2021-04/msg00144.html>

jess one of the staff volunteer (then at Freenode) offered to help
explain SASL to to a rcirc developer.
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2021-04/msg00157.html>
jess can now be found on Libera in `#libera@irc.libera.chat`.