Re: Highlight current line when using gud

From: Zhiwei Chen
Subject: Re: Highlight current line when using gud
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 11:35:54 +0000

On Jul 1, 2021, at 7:26 PM, Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

Zhiwei Chen <chenzhiwei03@kuaishou.com> writes:

Personally, hl-line-mode is used to show the approximate position of
my point so the face defined in doom-one is fine to me. It needn’t to
be too contrast as it hurts my eyes in daily use.

But when debugging, I need to know where the line as if I step over the
interesting line I will blame myself. Debugging is more serious than
coding/writing, so I would like to
make the line highlighted/contrast.

So, Doom has customised the hi-line face to be less perceptible, so you
want to introduce a new highlighting mechanism to make it more
perceptible again, but only in gud buffers?

This can be done with `face-remapping-alist' -- it's a buffer-local
variable that's used to display a different face in certain buffers.
Would using that variable in gud buffers solve your problems?

Another problem it can’t solve is the debugging line will be lost if I select the source buffer and move the point since the highlighted line uses hl-line-mode.
And I think the new mechanism can supersede the use of hl-line-mode almost.

--
Zhiwei Chen