Re: Help building Pen.el (GPT for emacs)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Help building Pen.el (GPT for emacs)
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 01:21:57 +0300

* Shane Mulligan <mullikine@gmail.com> [2021-07-03 15:06]:
> Hi Jean,
>
> Thanks for emailing me to help. I'm actively trying to set up a docker
> image to make this whole thing much easier. Hopefully I can get this done
> in the next few days.
> I will let you know when I have made progress.

I don't know how is that easier. Not that it will be easier for me, I
cannot use docker.

You should maybe describe dependencies without relying that everybody
should use apt package manager, describe URLs for dependencies in
addition to their possible package names, but not how to build them.

That way every user can reach for source independently of package
manager.

Please also think on BSD and other systems where maybe docker does not work.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman