Re: On the adoption of transient.el

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: On the adoption of transient.el
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2021 18:09:43 +0000

Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, 5 Jul 2021 at 21:25, Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> wrote:
>
>> Do you have any concrete examples where it could be used?
>
> Every time I do an ‘M-x rgrep’, I am asked three to infinity
> questions, in a sequence:

This is interesting, from my understanding transient makes for a good
interface for calling commands with a lot of flags (git, ffmpeg, pandoc,
...). On the other hand something has always felt off about transient,
in the sense that it is breaking some expected behaviour or couldn't
pin-point yet, but just unconsciously stumble over.

I think that the best path of action is to make concrete suggestions,
to discuss and improve.

--
        Philip Kaludercic