Re: Proposal: ls-lisp.el handle --group-directories-first flag

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Proposal: ls-lisp.el handle --group-directories-first flag
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 16:58:16 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com>
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 15:20:58 +0200
>>
>> > Doesn't it work to let-bind ls-lisp-dirs-first?
>>
>> I don't know about that one. ls-lisp--insert-directory effectively
>> ensures that switches are passed further the line as a string of
>> chars. The flag is lost in the first step and can't be passed further
>> on.
>
> Which flag is lost and why?

Ok, I take my words back, it is actually not lost. I was to fast didn't
reallize --group-directories-first was just converted with rest to a
list of chars.

Doesn't it mean that ls-lisp could potentialy recieve flags that user
didn't ment to use?

> I'm still missing something, because I don't see how this is different
> from just let-binding ls-lisp-dirs-first.

Since --group-directories-first is still there, then let bind works fine
:-).