Re: Incorrect glyph info in describe-char

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Incorrect glyph info in describe-char
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 09:28:45 +0300

> Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 08:52:23 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Thanks, but this answers only part of my questions.  Please also
> answer the following:
>
>   . did you put the text property only on the single character SHIN or
>     on the whole Hebrew text?
>   . what does describe-char report for the SHIN character before you
>     put the text property?

And one new question:

  . Your original report shows Hebrew text with diacritics (so-called
    "Hebrew points").  Specifically, the letter SHIN is followed by
    two such diacritics: U+05C1 and U+05B8.  Emacs composes those on
    display into a single grapheme cluster.  If you use the Hebrew
    text without those diacritics, i.e. just "שלום", does the problem
    happen in that case as well, i.e. do you still see the incorrect
    font name after adding the text property?