Re: How to add pseudo vector types

From: Clément Pit-Claudel
Subject: Re: How to add pseudo vector types
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 23:55:12 -0400

On 7/21/21 3:43 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Clément Pit-Claudel <cpitclaudel@gmail.com>
>> I'm not sure.  We've had significant complaint in Flycheck for freezing
>> Emacs for <1s
>
> How much "less"?  Close to 1 sec is indeed annoying, but 20 msec or so
> should be bearable.

Indeed, for us the freeze is only in when the buffer is first open, so 20ms is
fine; the cases we had complains about where close to 1s, maybe .8s (and in
some cases significantly more, too).

> You seem to assume up front that TS (re)-parsing will take 1 sec, but
> AFAIK there's no reason to assume such bad performance.

I expect/hope re-parsing will be much faster.  For the initial parse, I was
going from numbers that were given earlier in this thread.