Re: [SPAM UNSURE] Maybe we're taking a wrong approach towards tree-sitte

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: [SPAM UNSURE] Maybe we're taking a wrong approach towards tree-sitter
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 11:12:14 -0400

On 7/28/21 07:43, Andrei Kuznetsov wrote:
Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> writes:

Some of the tree-sitter development tools are implemented in Rust; you
only need Rust if you are developing/fixing a grammar for a language.
If I understand this correctly, it means one would require the Rust
toolchain to support new languages in tree-sitter, or to improve
existing support.

That's not true. Tree Sitter is not written even partially in Rust. It does have Rust bindings for people who use Rust.

Perry