Adding new packages to NonGNU ELPA

From: Bozhidar Batsov
Subject: Adding new packages to NonGNU ELPA
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 10:17:11 +0300

Hey everyone,

I'm interested in adding some of the packages I maintain to NonGNU ELPA (e.g. clojure-mode, inf-clojure, CIDER, Projectile, crux) and I'm curious what's the exact process there. I already read the README and it seems that all I have to do is change one file (elpa-packages) and see if the packages build correctly afterwards, but I'm not clear on the following:

- Does someone need to approve the packages that I suggest?
- Should I get commit access to the repo and do the necessary changes myself?
- Where's that admin/README file that elpa-packages refers to? Is it something in the GNU ELPA repo that wasn't copied?

Are there some tutorials for adding stuff to ELPA that you'd recommend, apart from the README itself?

Thanks in advance for your help!