Re: master b72f885: Make dlet work like let, not let*

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: master b72f885: Make dlet work like let, not let*
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 05:09:57 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> So what are your suggestions regarding this issue?  Leave it as it is
> now, go back to what we had before, something else?

If you want another opinion: I find the name mildly confusing too.  It
has the potential that people write broken code (vs. we brake code
because of this change now).

And I think this is that kind of thing that tends to be discussed again
and again.

But it is definitely an extremely rarely used macro.  FWIW, I can't
remember the name for other reasons, I always search for something named
"fluid-let" (Scheme) or "dynamical-let" (vs. "lexical-let" we had
in the past) - but that may be only me.

Michael.