Re: oauth2 support for Emacs email clients

From: Andreas Schwab
Subject: Re: oauth2 support for Emacs email clients
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 08:30:15 +0200

On Aug 08 2021, Roland Winkler wrote:

> Also, I have not yet been able to figure out what happens when a new
> emacs session is started.  oauth2.el uses plstore.  Does this work
> across multiple emacs sessions, or is it then necessary to go again
> through the (more tedious) multi-factor authentication?

As long as the refresh token remains valid, oauth2.el can refresh the
auth token automatically with the refresh token.  The refresh token is
all you need to be able to access the IMAP account.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1