Re: Easy configuration of a site-lisp directory

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Easy configuration of a site-lisp directory
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 16:51:29 -0400

Clément Pit-Claudel [2021-08-10 14:06:53] wrote:
> On 8/10/21 1:50 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> and use the TAGS table there, M-. will give you sources in
>> Git, not those of the installed Emacs.
> Yep, that's the part I was missing: setting up Elisp tags to point to the
> git repo.  There's a nice magic to the way it works with C sources that
> isn't the same with the (installed) Elisp sources, that's it.

The magic is the `find-function-C-source-directory` variable (and the
code that uses it) which "manually" tells where to redirect.  We could
add similar redirections for ELisp source code (even go crazy and add
such redirections for non-builtin packages, in case you have a source
dir corresponding to a package installed via `package-install` or
somesuch).

        Stefan