Re: master ab23fa4: Sort by recency in flex completion style when no fle

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: master ab23fa4: Sort by recency in flex completion style when no flexy stuff happening
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 15:57:21 +0300

On 17.08.2021 10:20, João Távora wrote:
It is composable, in fact it's inside some "compose-flex-sort-fn` helper
function to take into account the table's sorting.

if you mean the problem of code duplication, however, then I also agree.
See the FIXMEs explaining the situation.

If you mean something else, please clarify.

It does "compose" things, but it makes all the decisions, so it's impossible to control from the outside.

One of the things I'd like to do is to sort taking into account both flex sorting and the previous occurrences of the completions in the buffer (by adding the scores together, or somehow else combining them).

I see there are other possible uses described in bug#45260. Perhaps this discussion could move there.

But what I imagined is some middle layer above the completion styles which would do the sorting. The above discussion is based on the existing practice, however, where the tables provide the sorting logic (and not, say, sorting scores which can be combined somewhere else).