Re: master c4d34d2: CC Mode: Enhance C++ Mode raw strings to multi-line

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: master c4d34d2: CC Mode: Enhance C++ Mode raw strings to multi-line strings for any language
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 17:37:25 +0000

Hello, Basi.

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 01:02:52 +0100, Basil L. Contovounesios wrote:
> Basil L. Contovounesios [2021-08-17 20:37 +0100] wrote:

> > Lars Ingebrigtsen [2021-08-16 13:29 +0200] wrote:

> >> And I can't reproduce it either now.  Yesterday, it was totally
> >> reproducible on two different machines, but not today.  :-/

> >> It still seems to be timing out on Hydra.  Perhaps it's something
> >> weirdly timing related?

> > It's hanged several times for me locally on Debian Testing after a
> > bootstrap, FWIW.  Haven't yet had time to investigate further.

> I'm able to reproduce the hang in the test
> electric-layout-plainer-c-mode-use-c-style with:

>   make TEST_LOAD_EL=no test/electric-tests

> The hang seems to be happening in c-beginning-of-macro, from the second
> call to c-point-syntax in electric-layout-for-c-style-du-jour.

I can't reproduce the hang with your recipe, either.  For what it's
worth, I'm running a pure 64-bit AMD-Ryzen Gentoo Gnu/Linux system, with
the following Emacs configuration:

Configured using:
 'configure --with-gif=no --with-tiff=no --with-gpm
 --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

> HTH,

Maybe I'll try configuring with some of the options you've been using
(that you reported in a later post).

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).