RE: [External] : Re: fido-vertical bindings

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: fido-vertical bindings
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 15:41:22 +0000

> > No-one ever made it a customized variable.  I dislike too many customize
> > variables, but I don't oppose this one.
>
> Interesting.  I'm just wondering, how does one decide what should be a
> variable and a customize?  Thanks.

One considers things from an imagined user point
of view - multiple users, most users, minorities
of users, different kinds of users, in different
contexts.  But especially in the context of the
use case being addressed/considered.

There can't be any simple, hard-&-fast rule that's
useful for this.  Judgment's required, and people
can disagree about particular judgments.

(Just one opinion.)