Re: Emacs development...

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: Emacs development...
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 01:19:10 +0900

> On Aug 23, 2021, at 1:04, Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net> wrote:
>
> "T.V Raman" <raman@google.com> writes:
>
>> Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:
>>

>> In addition to all you say below re IELM, the nugget of gold that makes
>> it invaluable is its ability to  set the eval context buffer while
>> remaining in the ielm buffer, see command bound to C-c b.
>
> Hey, that's great! I'd also been on the fence about the value of IELM
> over the plain old *scratch* buffer, and that's a real advantage.
>
> To muddy the waters further, there's also the "emacs inspector"[1] which
> provides another way of looking at objects and symbols. It doesn't help
> with the original query about watching values change during execution,
> though.

But that makes me think that, I could possibly load package.el in ielm and run
it from there, couldn't I ? And I'd have all the values right at hand, not
quite like edebug I guess, but I could actually check their value inside ielm,
right ?

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
https://mac4translators.blogspot.com