Re: Proposal: new default bindings for winner and windmove

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Proposal: new default bindings for winner and windmove
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 13:52:46 -0400

> M-- C-x 4 C-/ winner-redo
>
> This way, a winner undo has the same binding as editing undo, but under C-x
> 4, which means window management stuff.
>
> (Also: is there any reason we shouldn't enable winner by default?)

IIUC these features somewhat overlap with the (new) features introduced
with the (frame-level) tab-bar, so it would likely be good to try and
integrate them better.

As for a key-binding, `C-x 4` might be a good prefix for it, tho note
that `C-x 5` is also a good choice (since winner does not operate on
a window but on the windows within a frame).

Count me as a vote in favor of using a key-binding like the one you suggest.

> Likewise, for windmove, we can bind C-x 4 {left, right, up, down} and DWIM
> for people automatically, enabled by default.

That sounds even better (and we could have similar commands in `C-x 5`
to select frames based on their location on the screen).

        Stefan