timeclock gives incorrect time in mode-line

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: timeclock gives incorrect time in mode-line
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 08:44:52 +0100

Hello,

I have my timeclock workday set to 12 hours by means of

(setq timeclock-workday (* 12 60 60))

This works fine in emacs-27.2 and correctly displays the remaining time
in the mode-line.

This appears not to be the case for emacs-28.0.50, which insists on
assuming the workday to be the default 8 hours when displaying the
remaining time in the mode-line.

The differences between the timeclock.el files for 27.2 and 28.0.50
seem pretty minimal and I don't see why the latter should ignore my
setting for timeclock-workday. I have checked the variable via C-h v
timeclock-workday <RET> in emacs-28.0.50 and it does indeed give the
value I set, namely 43200 (with the original value as 28800).

I'd be grateful for suggestions as to what to look for in locating the
problem.

Best wishes,

Colin Baxter.