Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 21:26:24 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> It's actually the other way around, at least in some cases.  With
> patches that are emailed to me, I can fix some simple issues, such as
> commit log messages or simple typos, myself, before applying.

Indeed.  But I expect that whatever we end up with, we (that is, the
Emacs maintainers) won't have to click around, and won't have to
actually merge anything directly.  That is, I expect to have a command
in Emacs that says "get that pull request as a patch, apply it, and
don't commit it".  So that we can fix stuff up before committing -- as
before.

(I know, I can hear gasps of outrage from git fundamentalists already.)