Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 04:31:59 +0200

>> Perhaps the people that contribute regularly to Emacs could describe
>> their workflow in more detail.  For example, things like how they like
>> to interact with bug reports (if they use the Debbugs Emacs package, for
>> example),
>
> FWIW, here are my main criticisms of debbugs for my own personal use:
>
> - Can't search the database when I'm offline.
>   I really wish the database was stored in Git, so I could easily have
>   a clone of it.  This said, compared to other issue tracking systems,
>   the fact that it works over email makes it at least partly usable
>   offline, which is a big plus.

I think storing it in Git itself would be very nice indeed.

I wonder if it would even be possible to tuck git bases workflow on top of it?

Every bug could be a branch, with each email as a commit to that
branch. If we could git clone it locally, people could push/pull bug repports
instead of sending mails if they prefer?