Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 16:49:52 +0300

On 28.08.2021 14:45, Theodor Thornhill wrote:
Philip Kaludercic<philipk@posteo.net>  writes:

Daniel Fleischer<danflscr@gmail.com>  writes:

1. Code exploration; view code with syntax highlighting for most file
types. Being able to jump to function definitions and usages (at least
in github). Many people explore code in the web before possibly cloning
it locally so it's an important QOL feature.
I think this is supported in principle, one would have to see what is
necessary for this to work with Elisp too.

You can absolutely read the repo, but the newish feature of github where
some languages are backed by lsp is most likely not on the roadmap

It's not like Github ever supported code navigation for Emacs Lisp anyway.

This feature isn't even enabled in https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs/blob/master/src/callproc.c

Though I support navigation for C code could be made to work in a local installation of Gitlab.