Re: Adding major or popular language modes to Emacs distribution

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Adding major or popular language modes to Emacs distribution
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 23:40:07 +0300

On 28.08.2021 19:28, Theodor Thornhill wrote:
Joking aside, I didn't mean to start a "why isn't my mode in core" thread. The
rules just seemed a little arbitrary. Also now with LSP a thing this is more viable than
ever. The only benefit would be one off edits wouldn't need a package download.

Good point about LSP, but since it needs an installation from (M)ELPA anyway, the only benefit is for one-off edits that somehow don't use the main user's setup. Which would seem to be a rare thing to do.