Re: Is vc-diff-mergebase broken on master?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Is vc-diff-mergebase broken on master?
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 02:21:26 +0300

On 03.09.2021 01:54, Matthias Meulien wrote:
I tried to write a test for with vc-version-diff to start with something
that looks easier to me. (Almost copy-pasta I'm afraid of.)

I installed RCS, CVS, SVN, Git, Bzr. Unfortunately the test fails with
the first two; Still no idea why...

Since it's the first time I use ERT and before I spend more time
investigating, can you confirm it's the kind of test you had in mind?

Yes, very good. Thank you.

I don't have either of RCS/CVS installed, and have very little real experience with either as well.

We can wait a few days for somebody to chime in with a fix, or failing that, commit this version (maybe someone else would like to contribute a fix upon seeing a test failure).

We can also disable the test on those VCS, of course (adding an (or ...) to the skip-unless form near the end of the patch).