Re: rmail threading

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: rmail threading
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 23:39:05 -0400

  > > This suggests we should have a convenient way to make multiple
  > > summaries of a single Rmail buffer, and keep them in parallel.
  > > What do you think of that?

  > That'd help, yes.  Still, the need to switch between different summary
  > buffers is less convenient, IMO.

If you find thread movement commands convenient, by all means add
them.  We are not forced to choose between summary generation and
movement commands for handling of threads.

What I said was, I'd like to use these threads via a summary.

  > > That would be a pain in the neck for me.  I don't want to reorder
  > > RMAIL file.

  > Too bad.

I have 7000 messages in the RMAIL file -- to reorder them would take a
long time.  And how would I restore the original order?

How about creating a virtual reordering without actually
moving the messages around in the buffer?