Re: Why not set Emacs development workflow based on the popular git forg

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: Why not set Emacs development workflow based on the popular git forges (GitHub, Bitbucket, Gitlab, ect)?
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 23:25:59 +0000

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

> Sending patches isn't quite as simple as sending a pull request, but
> fortunately it is a well documented process.

It depends, I have certainly had times where sending a patch was easier
than preparing a pull request. One thing that was mentioned in the other
thread is that people are not used to patches on mailing
lists. Sourcehut and specifically git-send-email.io came up with the
clever idea of providing a testing list that nobody reads, just to see
how their messages will end up looking like. As long as you don't have
to worry that any small small mistake will have an army of greybeards
shouting at you for messing up, I think people are more accepting of a
different workflow (or that is at least my experience).

--
        Philip Kaludercic