Re: ./configure --with-native-compilation on macos (11.5.2 Big Sur)

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: ./configure --with-native-compilation on macos (11.5.2 Big Sur)
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 15:43:01 +0900

> On Sep 6, 2021, at 15:27, Jean-Christophe Helary <lists@traduction-libre.org>
> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 6, 2021, at 12:46, Jean-Christophe Helary
>> <lists@traduction-libre.org> wrote:

>>> What is the result of
>>>
>>> port installed active | grep '^ *gcc@<:@0-9@:>@* ' | awk '{ print $1; }'
>>
>> the result is a blank line
>>
>>> and
>>>
>>> port contents $PORT_PACKAGE
>>>
>>> replacing $PORT_PACKAGE with the result of the previous command (if
>>> there is anything).
>>>
>>> I'm wondering if the right thing to do here is to add --without-brew
>>> and --without-macports, but then again, clearly something is going
>>> wrong with the macports set up.
>>
>> It's an old macports system that I keep upgrading/updating.
>>
>> Do you think reinstalling from scratch could help ?
>
> Alan,
>
> Totally removing macports allowed me to properly run ./configure
> --with-native-compilation
> I am currently "make"ing emacs.
>
> There are some apps that I need from macport so I'll reinstall it from
> scratch.

After a successful make install, I have the following errors when I run
Emacs.app:

Warning (comp): libgccjit.so: error: error invoking gcc driver Disable showing
Disable logging
Warning (comp):
/Users/suzume/Documents/Repositories/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-lib.el.gz:
 Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing
Disable logging

I'm not sure what that means, but it probably means something to Emacs :-)

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
https://mac4translators.blogspot.com