Re: master 2ed2999: Improve documentation of new Xref options

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 2ed2999: Improve documentation of new Xref options
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 15:28:11 +0300

> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
> Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 14:24:02 +0300
>
> On 06.09.2021 07:30, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > What is the rationale for this strange partition between these two
> > options?
>
> We've discussed it in the bug thread, haven't we?
>
> The existence of two options is more or less a direct result from one of
> your responses. And Juri's.

My responses were only about a separate boolean option for
xref-find-references.  AFAIU, that's not what you described,
disregarding the "boolean" part.

So, bottom line: which commands are affected by each option?  E.g.,
what about the -other-window and -at-mouse etc. variants: I guess they
are affected by the corresponding options?  Also, what other commands
are affected, in addition to the "families" of xref-find-definitions
and xref-find-references?  And what about stuff like
dired-do-find-regexp-and-replace -- is that affected by any of these?

Thanks.