Re: Representation of the Emacs userbase on emacs-devel

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Representation of the Emacs userbase on emacs-devel
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 10:46:12 -0400

> Perhaps we could extend the themes mechanism so that when a theme is
> enabled, and when it is disabled, a particular hook is run.

No need: a theme can already run the code it likes.
In the worst case, it can provide its own global minor modes and then set those
modes's Custom vars to the values it likes.

The advantage of a theme over a minor mode is that it's more
declarative, making visible to Custom the different settings that make
up the theme so that Custom can better handle collections of themes with
overlapping settings.

        Stefan